Editing transcripts is a crucial step in the transcription process that allows you to refine and polish the transcribed text. In this guide, we will explore various techniques and tools to effectively edit transcripts using Notta.
Review Audio and Transcript
Audio Playback Operations
Find and Replace
1. Click on the "Search" icon in the upper right corner.
2. Enter the keyword you want to search for, and the matching words will be highlighted.
3. To make bulk corrections, enter the text in the "Replace" field, and click "Replace All" or "Replace" to complete the replacement.
While listening to the audio, you can mark important sections to highlight key points. This allows you to easily identify and reference them during playback.
To add a tag to a specific section or block, position the cursor over it, then click on “Add notes”.
Take advantage of keyboard shortcuts to streamline operations and improve efficiency. To view the keyboard shortcuts available for editing, click on the icon located in the bottom right corner.
Hiding timestamps removes the display of time indicators within the transcript, providing a cleaner and distraction-free reading experience.
Click [···] in the upper right corner and switch on the [Hide timestamps] toggle to hide timestamps.
Edit the Transcript
When speaker identification is enabled, the names of speakers are usually displayed as "Speaker 1," "Speaker 2," and so on. You can use the speaker editing feature to batch replace these default names with actual names. Here are the specific steps:
1. Click on the speaker you want to edit, such as "Speaker 1."
2. Enter or select the correct name for the speaker, such as "Linda."
3. When you click "Replace name in all blocks of this speaker," the system will replace all occurrences of the same name in the transcript. For example, it will replace all instances of "Speaker 1" with "Linda."
4. If you click "Replace name at the current block," only the name in the clicked block will be modified, while the names in other blocks will remain unchanged.
Correct the Transcript
1. Hover over the text you want to edit and click it to enable editing.
2. If you see "Already saved" in the top left corner, it means that the edits are automatically saved.
3. To modify the recording's title, click on the title and make the changes. The modifications will be automatically saved, eliminating the need for manual saving.
2. The inserted picture will be displayed at the bottom of the block.
When the audio is unclear, the automatic correction feature may help identify and flag those sections for further review or clarification.
Toggle on the "Automatic correction" option to enable automatic correction. Text containing potential errors will be highlighted with a red underline. You can either toggle off the option or click "Dismiss" to hide the underlines.
Write Meeting Minutes
Notta AI summary can help you summarize the transcripts in a short time to improve your work efficiency. Three sections including "AI Summary""Chapters" and "Action items" will be generated automatically. You can edit or delete the summary according to your needs. Please note that your data is never used for training purposes.
1. Click the "Show AI Summary" icon in the upper right of the sidebar and click "Generate".
- If transcript is less than 400 characters, it will not be able to generate AI Summary.
2. AI Summary, Chapters, and Action Items will be automatically generated. Depending on the length of the transcription result, it may take 2-4 minutes to receive the final outcome.
3. If you want to modify the AI summary, click on the corresponding section to enter the editing mode. Clicking "Save" will save the edited content. Clicking "Cancel" will revert to the original text before editing. Clicking "Delete" will remove the entire content of that section. Please note that once deleted, the content cannot be recovered.
4. You have the option to download the AI summary or click the “Copy” button in the upper right corner to export the AI summary.
Adding notes to specific sections allows you to include additional comments, insights, or reminders related to the audio content.
1. Click on the desired section to add a note.
2. Enter your note and click anywhere on the screen to save it.
3. Click on the "Notes" icon in the upper right corner to show or hide the tag list.
4. To modify a tag, hover over it and change its type, or click the "︙" button to delete the tag.