Editing transcripts is a crucial step in the transcription process that allows you to refine and polish the transcribed text. In this guide, we will explore various techniques and tools to effectively edit transcripts using Notta.
Review Audio and Transcript
1. Audio Playback Operations
- Playback speed: Increase the playback speed to accelerate the audio progress. Click on the "Option" button. You have the flexibility to choose a speed ranging from "0.5x" to "3x".
- Skip silence: If encountering sections of silent or blank audio, you can skip over them by enabling it.
Position-based playback: Use the audio bar to navigate and play the audio from specific positions. By dragging the audio bar on the right side, you can quickly locate and play the desired sections of the audio.
Skip forward or backward by 3 seconds：You can click the forward button to skip ahead by 3 seconds or click the backward button to go back to the previous 3 seconds of the audio.
3. Add Tags
- Swipe the block to the left and select the blocks you want to mark.
- Click "Mark" at the bottom.
- Choose the appropriate tag type from options such as “Key point”, “To-do", or "Project".
- Click the "Bookmarks" to manage all marks. You can change the mark type by swiping it to right or remove any marks by swiping left.
4. Hide Timestamps
Hiding timestamps removes the display of time indicators within the transcript, providing a cleaner and distraction-free reading experience.
Click [···] in the upper right corner and switch on the [Hide timestamps] toggle to hide timestamps.
Edit the Transcript
1. Edit Speakers
When speaker identification is enabled, the names of speakers are usually displayed as "Speaker 1," "Speaker 2," and so on. You can use the speaker editing feature to batch replace these default names with actual names. Here are the specific steps:
- Click on the speaker you want to edit, such as "Speaker 1."
- Enter or select the correct name for the speaker, such as "Sara."
- When you click "Replace name in all blocks of this speaker," the system will replace all occurrences of the same name in the transcript. For example, it will replace all instances of "Speaker 1" with "Sara."
- If you click "Replace name at the current block," only the name in the clicked block will be modified, while the names in other blocks will remain unchanged.
2. Correct the Transcript
- Click the "Edit" button to enter edit mode,
- Edit your transcript in any text block to modify the text.
- Click the "Save" button to save changes.
- To modify the recording's title, click on the title and make the necessary changes.
3. Insert Pictures
- Hold down the desired block and click on the "Add images".
- Select the images you wish to insert from your photos or take a photo.
4. Automatic Correction
When the audio is unclear, the automatic correction feature may help identify and flag those sections for further review or clarification.
Toggle on the "Automatic correction" option to enable automatic correction. Text containing potential errors will be highlighted with a red underline.
1. AI assistant -"Notta Kun"
Notta Kun is an AI assistant powered by GPT-4 that can provides advice on a variety of topics, including explanation of concept, grammar check and email templates.
- Click the "Notta Kun" icon.
- Select a given example or enter your question.
- If you want an answer based on a certain transcript, open the transcript and click the "Notta Kun" icon to start a chat.
- To save the message, tap the "Copy" icon to copy the text, then paste it to wherever you like.
- To terminate the chat, tap the [×] icon at the upper left corner. Once you quit the chat room, the chatting history will be erased, so please make sure all necessary data are saved before closing.