As a writer or interviewer, accurately transcribing recordings is crucial for converting interviews into written articles. To streamline your workflow and improve efficiency, Notta is here to handle the transcription process, providing you with a reliable foundation for creating your articles.
In the following guide, we will walk you through the steps to master interview transcription using Notta, ensuring accurate and high-quality transcriptions for your article creation.
Table of Contents
1. Choose a quiet environment and use high-quality recording equipment for optimal results. In online interview scenarios, consider utilizing a headset with a microphone if available.
2. Speak clearly, and when in noisy environments, ensure the microphone is positioned as close to the speaker's mouth as possible.
Tips: If you want to learn how to improve transcription accuracy, click here to view the instruction.
Transcription with Notta
For offline interviews, once you have recorded the interviews using a recording device, you can easily import the audio files into Notta for transcription. If required, you can also batch import multiple recordings and enable speaker identification to differentiate between different speakers in the transcription.
For online interviews, you have the option to deploy the Notta bot before the interview begins. This allows you to focus solely on the conversation without worrying about the transcription process.
Additionally, you can also generate recording or screen capture files using conference tools or default screen recording functions on your computer and then upload them to Notta for transcription.
Tips：If you want to learn about the detailed process of transcription using the methods mentioned above, you can refer to this article.
Reviewing and Editing Transcript
- Open the transcription details page in Notta.
- Set speaker names to differentiate between different speakers. If you want the interviewee's statements to be more distinguishable, you can select only the interviewee in the speaker options at the bottom left, and the interviewee's statements will have a different background color.
- Use features like playback speed control and 3-second skip/rewind to review the transcription text while listening to the recording. Enable the "Skip Silence" option to skip blank audio sections if desired.
Use the search and replace function to quickly identify and correct inaccuracies.
Mark important using the "Add Notes" feature to determine the parts to be included in the article.
Enhance efficiency by utilizing keyboard shortcuts.
Tips：If you want to learn more about how to effectively edit transcripts using Notta, you can refer to this article.
Download the transcript. Optionally, include details such as speakers and timestamps in the file.
- In Word or other editing software, use the marked key content to structure and organize the article.
- Adjust and format the text according to your formatting requirements.