In this guide, we will explore the various transcription methods offered by Notta. Whether you're a student, professional, or interviewer, Notta provides five different transcription options to meet your specific needs.
- Click "Import Files" on the right side of the Dashboard page.
- Confirm the transcription language .
- You have the option to enable speaker identification. When the speaker identification is checked, the transcription will take longer.
Upload local files or Import from link
Upload local files：
You can either select the desired file by clicking on “Select documents” or drag and drop the file(s) for batch uploading.
- Supported formats: wav, mp3, m4a, caf, aiff, avi, rmvb, flv, mp4, mov, wmv, wma
- The maximum audio file size that can be uploaded is 1GB or 5 hours, whichever is smaller.
- The maximum video file size you can upload is 10GB or 5 hours, whichever is smaller.
Import from link: Paste the audio/video link from Dropbox/Google Drive and click "Upload".
- After the upload is completed, transcription will start automatically. You can check the uploaded files on the left dashboard.
Record an Audio
- Click the "Record an audio".
- The audio will be transcribed in real-time while recording.
- During recording, You can tag important parts of the audio by clicking the "Add notes" .
- Click "||" at the bottom center of the screen to pause or resume recording.
- Click the "■" button to end recording.
Tips: If you want to learn how to improve transcription accuracy, click here to view the instruction.
Transcribe Live Meetings
Tired of manually taking meeting minutes? With Notta Bot, you can focus on the conversation and let the bot handle the note-taking. Follow the simple steps below to get started:
- Click the “Transcribe Live Meetings".
- Confirm the transcription language.
- Paste the meeting invite link.
- We support Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and Webex meeting links.
- Please note that Webex meetings without passwords are not supported.
- You can customize the nickname of the Notta Bot which will join the meeting(e.g. Linda ).
- Google Meetings that require login, the name will remain as "Notta Bot" when joining the meeting.
- Click the "Transcribe Now" button.
- Return to the Notta webpage and the transcription will simultaneously appear on it. You can stop the transcription anytime by clicking the recording button down below.
Record a video
"Record a video" is a new function that allows you to simultaneously record your PC screen and microphone audio and transcribe it into text. Here are some instructions for using it.
- Click the “Record a video” button.
- You will be presented with different recording options. Choose the desired recording style based on your preferences:
- "Screen Only": This option allows you to record only the screen sharing.
- "Camera Only": Select this option if you want to record only from your camera.
- "Screen & Camera": This option allows you to record both screen sharing and your face in the lower left corner.
- If you choose "PC Screen & Camera" or "PC Screen Only", clicking "Start Recording" will display the "Choose what to share" screen. From this screen, select what you want to share from "Entire Screen", "Window", or "Chrome Tab".
- Select the recording settings according to your needs.
- Click on the "Start Recording" button to begin the screen recording.
- If you prefer not to have a countdown before recording starts, you can uncheck the "Start recording after a 3-second countdown" option.
- During video recording, there are three buttons located in the lower left corner of the screen.
- "■" button: Clicking this button will stop the recording, and the result will be saved.
- "||" button: Clicking this button will pause or resume the recording.
- "" button: Clicking this button will cancel the recording, and the result will be discarded.
If you are unable to start the screen recording, it is possible that you haven't configured the necessary permissions. Please follow the steps below to set it up:
- Ensure that your browser has obtained Screen recording permissions
- Ensure that Notta has obtained Screen recording permissions from your browser.
- Method 1: Click on the "" icon located on the left side of the Chrome browser's address bar and grant permission to access your microphone and camera.
- Method 2: Click on the camera icon located on the right side of the Chrome browser's address bar and select "Continue allowing https://app.notta.ai to access your camera and microphone" before clicking the "Done" to grant permission.